Water Purification for Commercial and Industrial Applications – The Role of Reverse Osmosis
Access to pure water can be critically important to a whole range of commercial and industrial activities from coffee shops to hotels and from food processing plants to hospitals. Even remote communities and resorts can benefit from the purification of local water sources. The range of applications across these commercial and industrial activities is diverse and the benefits can be measured in terms of client satisfaction and in dollars and cents in the enterprise’s bottom line.
Reverse Osmosis is a widely accepted technology for the production of high quality water in many industries. It is in widespread use because it is capable of removing dissolved salts, organic matter, micro-organisms and particulates. Industrial Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Systems are used where large quantities of high quality, pure water or low-conductivity process water is required and where water has to comply with aesthetic drinking water standards.
Reverse osmosis is a water purification process that uses pressure the make water molecules move through a very fine membrane . This membrane stops 99% of the salts, bacteria and other impurities while allowing the water molecules to pass through. The Navy has used this technology for years to produce drinking water for their sailors by removing the salts and minerals from sea water. The result from an RO (reverse osmosis) system is salt and mineral free, pure, safe water. The membrane is constantly “back-flushed” to keep it working efficiently for the life of the membrane. Once RO was an extremely high-cost undertaking but RO technology has progressed to the point that it is now very cost-effective and not as expensive as you might think.
Reverse Osmosis Systems for Commercial and Industrial Applications
Crystal Water Australia has a range of reverse osmosis water purification systems specifically designed for agricultural, industrial, and commercial applications. These systems are scaled to cope with varying levels of totally dissolved solids (TDS ) in the water supply and to deliver large quantities of purified water on a daily basis. Crystal Water can deliver a reverse osmosis water purification system tailored to your particular needs – it is NOT a ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution.
By way of example:
- Crystal Water’s RO-HF-950 High Flow Reverse Osmosis system is suitable for processing a water source with low hardness and TDS up to 1500 PPM and will deliver 9,500 litres of pure reverse osmosis water daily. This system is priced around the $6,000 mark.
- The RO-HF-475 High Flow RO system will effectively process water with a low to medium hardness and TDS up to 2500 ppm and will deliver 4,750 litres of purified reverse osmosis water in a 24 hour period
More capable, automated RO systems are available that will supply up to 13,000 and even up to 45,000 litres of purified water per day and handle water sources with a TDS of over 2,500 ppm. Call the reverse osmosis water purification experts at Crystal Water to find out more, discuss your needs, and get an obligation free quotation.
High Flow Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Systems Description
- USA Procon or Grundfos boost pump (system dependent)
- Stainless steel or fibreglass RO membrane housings (system dependent)
- RO membranes (type and number is dependent on application / system)
- 20” x 4.5” ‘Big Blue’ housings for sediment filter and carbon cartridge
- Aluminium frame racking for components
- Jaco ‘Gripper Series’ connector fittings
- John Guest tubing and fittings
- Dual point TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter
- Twin electronic flow meters with auto shut-off
- Run-dry protection cut-off switch
- Twin oil-filled pressure gauges for water feed and pump pressure
- Adjustable needle-point waste valve
- Auto flush program that activates every 7.5 hours
- 3 year warranty on system hardware (not consumables)